QUOTIDIAN

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

now i'm having fun!



So.....I thought I would share my favorite piece- made for the upcoming fashion show. This was fun for me because it combines creating a garment and surface design/drawing. The calligraphic element is a fractured Swedish poem. I did not want the words to be readable (save for the unlikely Swede in the audience) . I was going to use Swedish words taken from old family letters, but I was afraid I would be writing something like "Uncle Oscar fell and broke his hip" on the back of my swing-coat. This look and two others will be sashaying down the runway at the WMPG Benefit Fashion Show at Space Gallery this Saturday. Something like 28 local designers of clothing, jewelry, accessories will be struttin' their stuff.  http://wmpg.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment